- The LEGO® MINDSTORMS® Education EV3 platform will begin shipping August 1, 2013. The education platform is now available in the U.S. for educators to preorder.
- Announced in January 2013, the LEGO MINDSTORMS Education EV3 platform is the third generation of LEGO Education robotics technology designed for classroom use. It is a full teaching solution developed with educators to actively engage students in a number of key curriculum areas such as computer science, science, technology, engineering, and math correlated to national standards.
- The EV3 platform includes customizable curriculum and digital workbooks; a hardware platform based on real-world robotics technology for engaging, hands-on activities; an intuitive software platform consisting of both programming and data-logging interface including 48 step-by-step tutorials; and extensive professional development courses.
- The LEGO MINDSTORMS Education EV3 Core Set comes with the EV3 Brick, rechargeable battery, sensors, motors, large brick selection, a new ball wheel, and building instructions. Also available is the LEGO MINDSTORMS Education EV3 Expansion Set, which enables students to build larger-scale, more complex robots. For easy classroom management, both the base education set and the expansion set have storage bins and sorting trays.
- Schools can equip an entire classroom (up to 24 students) for less than $5,000, and that initial investment will last many years and through hundreds of students.
- For information on how to implement LEGO MINDSTORMS Education EV3 in your school, or how to transition to EV3 from NXT, visit www.LEGOeducation.us/MINDSTORMS
- For press materials, please visit http://educationnews.legoeducation.us
About LEGO Education
Since 1980, LEGO Education (LEGOeducation.us) has delivered hands-on, curriculum-based resources for teachers and students worldwide. LEGO Education believes a hands-on, minds-on approach helps students actively take ownership of the learning process and develop 21st-century skills such as creative thinking and problem solving through real-life, engaging experiences.
LEGO and the LEGO logo, logo are trademarks of the LEGO Group. ©2012 The LEGO Group.